packing for trips is no joke. especially when you’re trying to fit three weeks’ worth of stuff into a suitcase.
i had never been to asia before, so i went in a bit blind with my packing for this trip. now that i’m back from the trip, and i can confidently say that i didn’t forget anything! if anything, i overpacked a bit. i looked at a bunch of suggestions online for what to pack for india and bali, indonesia, so i wanted to make a master list online of everything useful that i found to make it simple for you! for fun, I also threw in my ‘to do’ and list from before my trip.
i used these super amazing packing cubes for my trip, which worked super well because of the varying sizes they come in. there are 3 cubes for clothes, one for shoes, one for underwear, one for laundry, and one for toiletries. totally recommend getting them!
everything I packed fit into my samsonite 24″ suitcase and my away everywhere bag carry-on very easily.
here we go…
- passport + visa (for india)
- tops x7
- skirts x2 – one long, one short
- dresses x4
- workout outfits x2
- sleeping clothes x4
- pants – jeans x2, leggings x2, one pair of flowy pants
- shorts x2 – denim + flowy
- underwear x10, socks x5
- bathing suits x2
- one crossbody purse
- shoes x3 – sneakers, birkenstocks, wedges
- cameras x3 – nikon d3100, canon g9x, canon ae-1 and chargers
- sd cards
- rolls of film x10
- laptop + charger
- headphones – sony noise-cancelling bluetooth headphones (i will never travel without these again, they are a game changer) + iPhone headphones
- brita filter water bottle
- electricity converter (i highly recommend this one – it’s the only one you’ll ever need!)
- books x2 – eat, pray, love + small great things
- snacks – bars, granola, dried fruit
- medicine – tums, advil, malaria pills, stomach antibiotics
- toiletries – skincare, shampoo, conditioner, hair products, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen
- makeup – concealer, eyeliner, mascara, brow pencil, makeup remover
- get vaccines
- charge everything
- pick up prescriptions
- free up storage on phone + cameras
- download podcasts + music
- print boarding passes
- call bank + notify them that i’m traveling
- confirm airport pickup
i hope this was helpful for you! let me know if you think i missed anything in a comment below 🙂 also, look out on my youtube channel for a ‘pack with me’ video, coming soon!